● The University of Texas School of Law
Doctor of Jurisprudence, 2003
● The University of Texas at Austin
Bachelor of Science Electrical Engineering, 2001
● Texas Academy of Math and Science, 1999
● U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
● U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
● U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
● U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas
● U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas
● U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado
● Texas Monthly Rising Star 2012-2017
● D Magazines Best Lawyers 2015,
● Submissions Editor, Texas Intellectual Property Law Journal
● Eta Kappa Nu Engineering Honor Society
● Board Member, Dallas Asian American Bar Association
Mr. Ni is an experienced intellectual property attorney and registered patent attorney. He concentrates his practice on patent and commercial litigation. Additionally, he advises clients on transactional matters as outside general counsel. Furthermore, he advises clients on other aspects of intellectual property, including patent prosecution, due diligence, licensing and trademarks.
Mr. Ni has been named by Super Lawyer as a Rising Star from 2012-2018 and has also been named by D Magazine as one of the best lawyers in 2015.
Prior to founding Ni, Wang & Massand, PLLC, Mr. Ni was an attorney at Patton Boggs, LLP, and at McKool Smith, P.C. Mr. Ni speaks Mandarin Chinese and also understands the Shanghai dialect.
Representative Litigation Matters:
● Represented an international manufacturer of wireless base stations and manufacturer of cellular phones in several patent infringement lawsuits in federal district court and in the ITC related to GSM and WCDMA technology resulting in a favorable confidential settlement for the clients.
● Represented a patent holding company in a patent infringement lawsuit relating to online dating technology resulting in multiple confidential settlements.
● Represented a patent holding company in a consolidated patent infringement lawsuit relating to image compression technology resulting in multiple confidential settlements.
● Represented a French university for research in identifying and determining the potential value of its patent portfolio.Defended a Chinese importer of caskets in an unfair competition and trade dress lawsuit in State Court.
● Represented an international technology and licensing company in multiple patent infringement lawsuits regarding Wi-Fi standards and Bluetooth technology.
● Represented a Texas based manufacturer of voting equipment in various patent litigation matters resulting in a favorable claim construction and a finding of non-infringement.
● Represented a patent holding company in a licensing campaign related to Homeplug AV and IEEE 1901-2010 resulting in all chip and device manufacturers taking a license.
● Defended a Dallas based start-up in a lawsuit related to social networking technology resulting in a favorable dismissal.
● Represents a small inventor in multiple patent infringement lawsuits related to information and security privacy.
● Represents a technology company in multiple patent infringement lawsuits related to community selected content.
● Represents an online start-up in patent licensing campaign related to database access technology.
Other Representative Matters:
● Represents medical groups in general operations and compliance.
● Represents various start-ups in general legal matters including formation and intellectual property.